Vice-principal of the department is associate professor Alexander Aleksandrovich Solkin. Head of the course of the Faculty of Advanced Training and Retraining(FATR) - Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor Kurlyuk Oleg Valerievich. There are 17 full-time teachers at the department, 15 of them give lessons at undergraduate higher education, 2 of them - at the course of FATR (Kurlyuk O.V., Sobolenko T.M.). Heads of therapeutical departments of the organizations, deputy chief physicians for medical work, doctors, pharmacists, heads of hospital pharmacies are taught at the courses of the chair's advanced training.
In 2015, the department prepared standard curricula for pharmacology and clinical pharmacology with the basics of pharmacotherapy for students of the pharmaceutical faculty.
The following disciplines are assigned to the department:
- General pharmacology;
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Fundamentals of Pharmacoeconomics
There is also training of clinical residents (full-time and part-time correspondence forms), at the second degree of higher education.
Training on cycles is organized at the FATR:
- Clinical pharmacology in the professional activities of the pharmacist (for pharmacy pharmacists);
- Clinical pharmacology and the fundamentals for rational circulation of medicines (for pharmacy managers of health organizations and their deputies);
- Clinical pharmacology of over-the-counter medicines (for pharmacy pharmacists);
- Fundamentals of clinical pharmacology and rational pharmacotherapy (for medical specialists, general practitioners, district doctors, emergency physicians).