Head – senior researcher Candidate of Veterinary Sciences Karpenko Yelena Alexandrovna
Laboratory assistant (II category) - Kosova Marina Sergeyevna
The group staff changes depending on the scope of research performed.
The equipment necessary for carrying out of histological and histochemical studies is at the group’s disposal:
- Fluorescence microscope Leica DM 2500 equipped with video output DFC320,
- Microscope «Axiovert 135», Zeizz,
- Rotary Microtome for paraffin sections Leica RM 125,
- Freezing Microtome Leica CM 1850
- Microtome for paraffin sections,
- Automatic processor for histological tissue treatment TR1020 Leica,
- Apparatus for filling blocks with paraffin Leica EG 1120,
- Equipment for automatic staining of tissue sections ST 5020,
- Apparatus for coating slides Leica CV 5030,
- Ultratom "Ultrakat".
Research in the group are conducted in compliance with GLP requirements and STB ISO / IEC 17025.
The group is accredited for the following research methods:
- staining of microsections of tissues and organs with hematoxylin-eosin;
- staining of microsections of tissues and organs on connective tissue by azocarmine method by Mallory in Gandengine modification;
- staining of lipids with sudan III-IV and sudan black;
- staining of microsections of tissues and organs with picro-fuchsin.
Non-accredited methods of histological and histochemical studies are also used, depending on the experimental needs.
The main directions of research activity:
- Pre-clinical trials of medicinal products.
- Provision of scientific and practical assistance to graduats, doctoral students and applicants on the topics of their theses.