Faculty of Pharmacy trains pharmacists on specialty “1-79 01 08 – Pharmacy” for the Republic of Belarus and CIS.
Terms and forms of training
Full time training – 5 years, part-time training – 5,5 years.
Training is done at the expense of the republican budget and for a fee.
The mail goal of the Faculty activity in the field of education quality is training of highly skilled and sought after in the labor market specialists and scientific personnel whose competencies volume and quality meet the requirements of consumers of educational services.
Mail documents that underpin the educational process quality are the State Educational Standard of the specialty 1-79 01 08 “Pharmacy” and the Code on Education of the Republic of Belarus.
Specialists are trained at 24 departments including the following departments of the Faculty of Pharmacy:
- Pharmaceutical technology with course of technology transfer (Head of the department Candidate of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Associate Professor Tarasova E.N.);
- Botany and Ecology (Head of the department Candidate of Biological Sciences, Associate Professor Kuznetsova N.P.);
- General Physical and Colloid Chemistry (Head of the department Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Professor Kuntsevich Z.S.);
- Management and Economy of Pharmacy with course of the Faculty of Advanced Training and Retraining (Head of the department Candidate of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Associate Professor Hutkina G.A.);
- Organic Chemistry (Head of the department Candidate of Biological Sciences, Associate Professor Gidranovich L.G.);
- Industrial Technology with course of the Faculty of Advanced Training and Retraining (Head of the department Doctor of Pharmaceutical Sciences Hishova O.M.);
- Standartization of Medicines with course of the Faculty of Advanced Training and Retraning (Head of the department Candidate of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Associate Professor Moiseyev D.V.);
- Toxicological and Analytical Chemistry (Head of the department Doctor of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Professor Zhebentiayev A.I.);
- Pharmacognosy with course of the Faculty of Advanced Training and Retraining (Head of the department Doctor of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Professor Buzuk G.N.);
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry with course of the Faculty of Advanced Training and Retraining (Head of the department Candidate of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Associate Professor Zhernosek A.K.)
Material and technical base of the departments, providing professional training, promotes a high level of education. The departments use Internet technology, the latest software developments in the field of pharmaceutical activities, modern instrumental methods of analysis of drugs. For preparation to classes students can use the resources of e-library, medical library, published courses of lectures, study-guides of a new type that include lectures, practical skills and procedure, text tasks with explanation of right answers, electronic books and virtual practicum. Internet connection is available. Elements of distance training in Moodle system are introduced.
About 150 of academic teaching staff work at the faculty 20% of them are Doctors of Sciences, 55% - Candidates of Sciences. High professional and scientific potential of the teaching staff allows the use in the educational process modern educational technologies: business games, simulations of practical situations, portfolio, etc. Competence-based approach is being implemented in the educational process. Rating system of students' knowledge and activities of teaching staff is introduced. Within the term of training at the Faculty of Pharmacy students study 57 disciplines combined into the following cycles:
- social and humanitarian disciplines;
- general professional and special disciplines.
Socio - humanitarian cycle generates world of educated and cultured man skilled in history, philosophy, sociology, fluent in foreign languages and the basics of Latin in students.
During science cycle students gain knowledge of general, inorganic, organic and biological chemistry, basics of medical statistics, biological physics and biology, which create a theoretical and practical framework necessary for the successful mastering of general and special disciplines.
General professional and special disciplines chain consistent training, during which the student goes from the fundamental principles of drugs effect to their clinical application; from the chemical structure of substances with biological activity to their implementation in a particular dosage form; from certain devices for the production of medicines to economy and organization of pharmacies and pharmaceutical industry.
Training is practice-oriented. Practical classes on special disciplines are carried out in pharmacies of Trade Enterprises of Vitebsk RUE “Pharmacy”, Vitebsk regional control and analytical laboratory, on the Company “Rubicon”. In 2007 a pharmacy of category 1 of Educational Establishment “Vitebsk State Medical University” was opened. It is also the training base of the Faculty of Pharmacy. The laboratory of medicines standardization and quality control is created. On the base of the pharmacy and the laboratory of medicines standardization and quality control there are educational-scientific-industrial complex (ESPC), which are the basis for training and making of diploma works by graduate student, master’s, candidate’s and doctoral theses by the university staff.
Within the term of studying students make the following types of practice: 4 educational (propaedeutic, botanic, pharmacognostic, and medical introductory) and 5 manufacturing (pharmacy technological, pharmacological, control-analytical, industrial-organizational, merchandising, organizational- managing).
There is a par-time form of training on specialty “1-79 01 08 - Pharmacy” at the Faculty.
Educational process is organized in accordance with typical programs in disciplines that correspond to the same in a full-time form of training.
Part-time training is available for:
- Persons with secondary pharmaceutical education and work on the profile of the chosen specialty (if getting the first higher education);
- Persons with higher education on specialties:
- 31 05 01-03 «Chemistry (pharmaceutical activity)»,
- 79 01 01 «General medicine»,
- 79 01 02 «Pediatrics»,
- 79 01 03 «Medical and preventive care»,
- 79 01 04 «Medical and diagnostic care»,
- 79 01 07 «Stomatology»
(during getting the second and further higher education).
When graduate the Faculty of Pharmacy pharmaceutics have internship during 5 months, pass qualification exam and get certificates of a specialist.
Starting from 2010 students can study on the 2nd stage of higher education (Mastership program) on specialties:
- 1-79 80 30 Pharmaceutics and organization of pharmacy;
- 1-79 80 31 Pharmaceutical chemistry, pharmacognosy.
The Faculty trains scientific personnel through full-time and part-time postgraduate course. It is available for Belarusians and foreign citizens.
At the university Dissertation Advisory Committee Д 03.16.02 has been working for more than 20 years. Since 1998 scientific and practical journal “Bulletin of Pharmacy” is published.
We develop academic mobility and international cooperation of students and teachers actively.
The dean's office of Pharmaceutical Faculty
|Korozhan Natalia Valeryevna – Dean of the faculty, Candidate of Pharmaceutical Sciences, associate professor|
|Veremchuk Oksana Alexandrovna - Deputy Dean of the faculty (the 1st, the 2nd courses of intramural education; 3rd course of extramural education);|
|Serac Elena Alexeevna - Deputy Dean of the faculty (the 4th, the 5th courses of intramural education; the 4th, the 5th courses of extramural education), senior lecturer;|
|Moiseyeva Alesya Mikhaylovna - Deputy Dean of the faculty (extramural education; the 3rd course of extramural education), Candidate of Medical Sciences, associate professor;|
Dean of the faculty, Candidate of Pharmaceutical Sciences,
associate professor Korozhan Natalia Valeryevna
Contact telephone number: +375 (212) 60-14-05